Aaron had a birthday. Here is a picture with Aaron, Frank and Elise at our "party".
Next up, an ode to Legos. Is there a cooler toy for kids? I get so happy when I think about all the cool things Frank can learn from Legos. For starters, he has learned to follow printed directions, beginning at step one. He has learned to study two pictures and determine what the difference is between the two (and likewise to turn his model from one picture into the next one). Initially he could follow directions, but had no idea how to create on his own, but now he makes creative cars and things all on his own. He has learned all about symmetry, and is now fairly adept at making all his cars perfectly symmetrical. At the same time, he understands when symmetry is not important, and can apply those principles as well. There are loads of other things I'm sure, but I think I'll get off my Lego soap box for now. Here is one of Frank's latest car creations:
In other news, Frank has had his first injury requiring medical attention. It's pretty much a miracle that it's taken almost five years for that to happen. Unfortunately, there is no cool story behind the injury. He just fell off the rocking chair and hit his head just right. It took approximately 2 1/2 hours to get the three stitches. What a great way to spend a Friday night!!
And finally, I got a hair cut. I had other errands to run, so I had the girl style my hair. This is what she came up with:
I think that's about enough for now.
WOW! That is some hair. I know what you mean...Short hair or not, when you get your hair styled by someone else it's always a gamble.
ReplyDeleteI'm so impressed by Frank's lego abilities! I don't think Alex could do that. I might have to find him some legos.
Which reminds me, I need to take some Shelly Brickey parenting classes. Are there any opening up soon? Yesterday on the way home from the park Alex was mad at me because I wouldn't let him come over and do an art project at Shelly's:). Where do you get most of your ideas, and how do you organize them? I need step-by-step instructions, preferrably with illustrations.
Is it wrong that your hairstyle totally made my day? I hope not. I'm digging the short styles lately myself, maybe I'll fro mine out too.
ReplyDelete