Wednesday, July 29, 2009

You know it's been a long week when...

... you find yourself crying because you can't find a bucket of legos that no one has even asked for yet. Maybe I'm crying in anticipation of the major, long lasting, intense tantrum that will ensue as soon as Frank realizes that some how in moving, I managed to lose 60% of his lego collection. Yikes. Or maybe I'm crying because the lego collection was really just as much for me as it was for him. I miss my legos, and they are no where...

p.s. Remind me next time I move to pay attention to the cleanliness of a place before I sign a lease. Seriously. They didn't even wipe out the drawers.

p.p.s. It's (as in the conjunction for "it has") is hyphenated, right? I'm really tired, and I think that's right, but I just keep thinking about how the apostraphe is like a shriveled i (as in "it is" = "it's"), and I think "it has" is the same way, but then I started to think about "it was", and the silly "'Twas" thing, and I was thinking it would be fun if we said "'thas" (pronounced taz), instead of it's. Wouldn't that be more fun?

UPDATE: Found the legos, and now I know I'm to blame. I was the fool who packed them...

6 comments:

  1. I don't feel bad for you one bit! I moved into the most disgusting place in the world. We had to tear out the carpet it was so bad! I don't think the previous person even owned a mop. Now I am dealing with Mice running across my kitchen counter and peaking its head out of the burner of my stove as I sit here and try and work from home. Good thing my landlord left the length of the lease for us to fill in and I only put 6months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone else is as attached to their kids toys as I am. I'm the one who keeps their toys picked up just cuz I love having complete sets of certain toys... you're probably not that crazy, but I somewhat feel your pain. Oh and moving sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about the legos. Taz really sad when I read that. And don't you love it when you break your back making a place spotless after you move, only to move into a place that obviously no one cared to clean? I love that. All joking aside, if you ever need to call and be sad about lost legos, I won't judge you in the least. I might even tell you about the time I saved ALL of my children's baby blankets even though they will never see the light of day again. We do irrational things as mothers. It's our right and privilage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer...did you ever find them? I can totally relate. It would be a heartbreaker for us, too! I hope they turned up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice venting. Moving's horribly stressful, and when you move into a house that you've got to clean, it's even worse.

    ("It's" is correct for both "it is" and "it has" if that was the question. I second your feeling about "taz." Language constantly evolves. Maybe we could rigorously use it until it catches on and makes it into dictionaries in 2012 or something.)

    ReplyDelete