Frank has been, well, kind of a challenge lately. He's demanding, and occasionally naughty (always quickly followed by an "I'm sorry", as if that excuses the behavior). Whenever he has to choose between two things, he'll pick one, and then get angry at me and tell me that I got it wrong, instead of just nicely telling me he changed his mind. And he was throwing a lot of fits, primarily about Diddy Kong... (Side note: Diddy Kong is a N64 game. How did I let my kid get addicted to the old school nintendo? And now I'm addicted to Super Mario, but don't tell Frank, he doesn't know we have that game yet. Right now 'tis just for me and Aaron to play at night, when the kids are in bed.)
But the past two days, he has been a different child. Today, I gave him a few skittles to munch while he did some "school work", and he brought four back to me, and told me that those four were for me. Isn't that sweet? And when he changed his mind about which activity he wanted to do, he actually said to me,"Oh, excuse me, mom. I changed my mind. Can I do the other one?" And the past two days, he promptly turned off the nintendo when his timer went off. Seriously, why is his behavior different? I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything.
Oh, wait. Maybe it's because I'm finally out of moving mode, and now I'm actually monitoring his nintendo time?
Now I just need to figure out how to get him up in the morning so that he can make it to the bus on time. Maybe it has something to do with his bed time??? Isn't parenting great? I try to figure out how to "improve" my children, and half the time it's me who is the problem. Okay, more than half, like 95% of the time.
Why is it so easy to be consistent, logical, and organized at work, but the second I come home it's like a random, illogical bomb went off...
MX Race in Mesquite
5 months ago
Amen to that, sister. I'm borderline OCD at work, but my house would beg to differ.
ReplyDeleteYep, I'm feeling your pain. Lucy, is a pill at other people's houses or when our schedual is messed up (which is all the time). I don't know what to do most of the time. I usually think what would Shelly do. I've heard how you do all sorts of fun things with your kids.
ReplyDeleteOh, congrats on 9 years! That's crazy! I can't believe it's been that long.