Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crazy Crazy MaY

I can't remember if every May is crazy, or if this is a new phenomena this year, but thank goodness the end of May is at last in sight!  I feel like jello (both my brain and my body).  First, we started my getting ready to leave for California.  I was frantically trying to get my house clean before we left.  We were in California for six days.  It was so fun.  I took a few pictures.  I'll get around to posting some really soon, but I haven't gotten them on to my computer yet.  In fact, over the past couple of days, I've been stressing because I misplaced my camera and was afraid it was lost forever.  I guess that'll teach me to download my pictures sooner.  Anyway, I finally found the camera tonight, so crisis averted.
So we got back from our little vacation on May 8th late late at night.  And from then until tonight has been pure craziness.  The best part about it is that I can't actually remember what I've been doing that made it so crazy.  I guess I've had cub scout things twice a week for the past three weeks.  Plus all the time getting ready for those activities.  And there have been extra dance practices in preparation for the fabulous upcoming rehersal.  And all the end of the school year stuff, like awards assemblies.  Frank got a cool little trophy for getting third place in his class for reading (minutes).  He told me he didn't like having to get up in front of all the other kids, but he's really happy to have a cool trophy.  It's an electric guitar trophy, because the school's reading theme this year was Read Like a Rockstar.
 Other things that have been making my life crazy lately include working more than I would like at Kohl's (please take me back to my once a week leisure shift, I don't actually want a part time job).  And don't forget working more than I would like at Wild Coyote.  Which is not to say I've been there all that often, just that this month was way too busy to be worrying about silly little jobs.

What's coming up:   Frank's birthday (I guess I should plan a party), Elise's dance recital (I will be soooooo happy when that is finished), and then a brief reprieve until more scout stuff and Elise's birthday.

I am so glad school is over.  Tonight, Frank reminded me not to wake him up in the morning.  You don't have to tell me twice.  No alarm for me tomorrow, either.  We'll all sleep in.

Ask me in a week if I'm ready for school to start again.

p.s. If anyone has any advice on how to make ultra fine and very straight baby hair curly, please let me know.  I have a rehearsal to prepare for.  Plus, I need to figure out what "make up appropriate for a 4 year old" really means.  Honestly, I know these dance school people are "professionals", but really, why do they have to insist the girls wear make up?  Can't we just accept that stage lights wash them out a little and move on?  Does it really matter?

3 comments:

  1. make sure you don't wash her hair the day off the blessed event. Also if you give it a light mist of hairspray before and after you curl I should hold better.
    Love jac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the makeup should be just a touch of blush on the cheeks, and maybe some glossy lips. Or did they say NO to gloss, and yes to lipstick? I can't remember. You are right, this whole thing is far too complicated.

    And May is insanity. Every year. Granted, we have three birthdays in May, plus piano recitals, end of school year stuff, Seth started baseball, blah blah blah, I could go on. It's crazy. You won't be the only one breathing a sigh of relief on 6/01

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pin curls. Not clean hair + mousse, then curling iron, keeping it curled pin the curl to the head with a bobby pin. Leave the pin curls in for a while, take them out, style the hair, and spray like crazy. It's what works in my daughter's super straight-will-not-hold-a-curl-any-other-way hair.

    And stage make up usually means heavier than you would wear during the day, but not whore-like.

    That's my two cents from my experience. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete