We had a fun summer. We spent almost a whole week at Otter Creek in July. I love that place. Probably because I spent a lot of time there as a child. I think it's a great place to camp. There's usually good fishing. There's a bit of grass with shade, which is great for spreading blankets on in the afternoon, to play games on or lounge. There are showers, and they are fairly new. We had loads of fun. I even have a few pictures.
| Elise. The girl loves camping. She says she wants to stay there Forever. |
| Marianne with a couple of her fishies. |
| Frank was fond of lounging in the tent with a comic book. Visions of teenage years ahead... |
| This trip was particularly fun because my whole family was there. Even Dan made it all the way from Texas. |
| Frank wanted a picture of him with the boat. |
Anyway, after that, we had a week of down time, and then we headed up to Salt Lake. Our ultimate destination was the Brickey reunion at Bear Lake, but we went up to Salt Lake a few days early. We went to Hogle Zoo one day. We watched a movie. And we went miniature golfing (a lot). Who knew Frank would like mini golf so much. There was a little place by our hotel that offered a $25 family pass, and you could do all the attractions unlimited. There were bumper cars, a carousel, a thing that was kind of like a hot air balloon tea cup thing. I did not go on that. Yuck. Mini golf. A little roller coaster. And a thing like a giant play place (old school McDonalds). And Roller skating. It was a pretty fun place. I think we mini golfed the 18 holes like four times. Roller skating was my favorite. I tried to teach Frank and Elise, but they weren't very into it, and I think the prospect of all the other fun things to do might have hurt their dedication to learning the fine art of roller skating. I love roller skating, and it had been so long since I had done it. I let Aaron take the kids to do some of the other stuff, and I roller skated all by myself for a while. It was really fun, and it took me right back to middle school. A little trivia: Aaron has never been roller skating. Tragedy, right?
While we were in Salt Lake, I also had a couple of chances to visit with my Grandma Adams. So glad I did. Even took Aaron and the kids over for a short visit.
After playing in Salt Lake for a few days, we headed up to Bear Lake for four days of Brickey family fun. Aaron's mom rents a big cabin, so everyone can stay there together. We had a great time. Frank particularly loved playing the Wii. Oh how he loves video games. It's probably good we don't have a Wii at home, as that is all Frank would ever want to do. I unfortunately did not take many pictures there, thinking I would just steal some from others.
After that we had another brief time at home. Then, my sweet Grandma Adams passed away, so we headed right back up to Hyrum for her funeral. It was great to see a lot of my cousins and aunts and uncles that I hadn't seen for some time. I was really glad I had gotten to spend some time with her just a couple of short weeks before.
After that, there were really only a couple of weeks left until school started. We fit in some swimming lessons. Frank was super hesitant because it had to be a different teacher than he was used to, but after a couple of days, he was comfortable with his new teacher. He's getting better and better. Elise had never taken lessons before, and let's just say she's part fish. She was by far the best in her class. After only two weeks of lessons in her whole life, she's a great back floater, she can get stuff off the bottom unassisted. She could swim the width of the pool under water (with breaths), and whatever else. It doesn't really matter. She just loves to swim.
That ended most of our adventures for the summer. After being gone so much during July and August, I was really happy to just be home...
I didn't take any pictures of the first day of school or whatever. Frank seems to be getting back into the groove of things very well. I think maybe he has finally resigned himself to the fact that he does actually have to attend school, pretty much for the next 15 years or so. We haven't had nearly as many bad mornings this school year.
Elise started her preschool this past week. She loves it. She is in a blended class (with 3 & 4 year olds), which I'm not wild about, but I think it's a good program, and the location is good, so whatever. She loves it so far. She goes Tues, Wed, & Thurs for a couple of hours each. She also started dance up again. We had a couple of schedule conflicts, so it was difficult to find a class to fit her in. She has ended up in the Kindergarten class, which was really the only one that fit our schedule. I was a little nervous about it, but she has fit in just fine. She loves it, so she's committed to trying hard, and she is a great listener in class. It is a little funny though, because she is significantly smaller than all the other girls. She's tiny enough for her age, let along when compared to slightly older girls.
Anyway that's about enough rambling for now. I guess I've sort of redeemed myself and my summer break from blogging anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment