Monday, November 14, 2011

Anyone want to babysit Elise on Friday from 9-11?

Well, I got registered for the classes I need this morning, with one little exception.  I can't register for 3110 (Educational Psychology) without having taken the prerequisite Psych 1010.  This is a thorn in my side.  At the U, I often got away with ignoring prereqs, and it worked the handful of times I did it.  It was never anything major, and yes sometimes it did come back to bite me. (For, example, the time I had to take Philosophy 1010 my very last symmester because they wouldn't let me get my philosophy minor without that silly little class.  I had taken like 10 or 12 philosophy classes, most of which had 1010 as a prereq, and gotten A's in all of them, but they still made me take 1010.  I never went to class, showed up on test day, and got an A.  To me, this is proof that they shouldn't have made me take 1010, but whatever.)  Anyway, now that computers are more "I'm in charge,"  I can't register for stupid 3110.  It rejects me...  I hate being rejected. 

At the end of the day, it's fine.  I'll take 1010 this symmester.  It will be totally easy, and I'll get an A.  Then I'll have to take 3110 in the summer.  I figured I'd have 2 clean up classes during the summer anyway, so it doesn't really hurt my feelings.  The plus side is 1010 has so many sections, I could easily find one at a convenient time. 

So there.  I'm registered.  And I'm totally excited to go to school again.  Even if I have to take Psych 1010.  Are you jealous?

2 comments:

  1. I could watch Elise. I also hate pre-req's. I took psych 1010 online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After ACCESS, Psychology 101 (does that date us?) was the first class I took at the U. 7:30am, fall quarter. I HATED IT, and basically slept through it. The only thing I remember about it was watching Basic Instinct. So yeah--have fun.

    ReplyDelete