Do you ever come to the realization that something has got to give, and that really the only thing that can give is the hours you spend sleeping, so you get that sort of yucky premonition that you will likely spend the next 12 or 13 weeks completely sleep deprived? Yeah. That's my realization of the day.
My day today:
5:50 wake up, get ready, pack lunch, etc.
7:00 drive to school
7:20 find out that my mentor teacher has the flu, so I get to teach today
7:45-2:00 teach 7th graders how to graph proportion tables
2:30 go home, eat leftover pizza from fridge
3:00-4:00 work on geometry proofs for my geometry class
4:00 Elise and Frank get home from school, Elise goes to a friends house so I can take Frank to piano
4:10 convince Frank that he does in fact need to go to piano lessons, drive to said lessons
4:25 realize I left the piano books sitting by the front door
4:35 explain to Shauna that I'm an idiot and I forgot the piano books
5:00 get back home
5:15 leave to go to the library to meet geometry study group
5:30-9:30 work with study group to finish massive homework assignment due tomorrow (32 proofs)
9:45 get home, realize I'm starving, eat more leftover pizza
10:00-12:00 finish working on the massive homework assignment so I can turn it in tomorrow
Now I get to finally go to sleep so that I can get up tomorrow by 6 to start it all again.
I saw Elise for about a total of 15 minutes today. I saw Frank for slightly more than that, due to the futile drive to and from piano lessons. How sad is it to only see your kid for 15 min a day? And I ate too much pizza today. My geometry class has a test on Monday, so hopefully by Tuesday of next week things will calm down a bit.
p.s. If you are confused, my geometry class is Math 3100 through Dixie College, which I need to get a math teaching endorsement (not geometry that I am teaching to students). The class is taught during the day while I am student teaching, so I get to teach myself from the book, then do all the assignments. I get to take the tests at night at the testing center at the college. Fun times!
MX Race in Mesquite
5 months ago
Yeah, sounds really fun. On days when I work and Benji has school, I see him for about 30 minutes. I get him up, ready, and drive him to the bus by 7am. Then I work from 11am-11pm. And it all happens again the next day. I feel your pain, honey. And I'm sure you're kicking your geometry classmates even without going to class. I still brag to people about you completing your Math degree without a graphing calculator. You're amazing.
ReplyDeletehaha, most days I see entirely too much of my children. It's probably terrible of me to say so, but I do.
ReplyDelete