Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Should I be asleep?

It's 12:30 in the morning. I'm awake, not really doing anything. And I haven't really been doing anything all night. My kids have been in bed for almost four hours. I'm pretty sure I haven't accomplished anything in those four hours. Except I did watch an episode of Dollhouse. It was pretty cool. The last one I watched I was starting to think, this is okay but a little boring, but the episode I watched today was more like, wow I wonder what will happen next. At any rate, that can only account for like an hour of my time. The other three hours are just gone. So I was thinking about that and decided maybe I should go to sleep.
I went to check on Elise, because the girl always is uncovered, and I found her like this:

She has her arm around Elmo. How weird is that? I had to take a picture because it's really weird.

And then I thought maybe I'd better give my children equal treatment and see what Frank is up to. Here he is:

It's almost as if he has created a little nest for himself. I wonder if that little swatch of blanket is a good substitute for his pillow. I'll ask him in the morning, but he'll probably just look at me like I'm crazy.

3 comments:

  1. You don't know how many nights I've asked myself the same question. I search things on the internet, but mostly I just watch mindless TV.

    Love the Elmo hug shot... too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah wasted hours. Aren't they wonderful after a day full of working all day to accomplish nothing? I love being a mom. I also love sleeping kid pictures. They give me a sense of peaceful calm. Like I have the sudden urge to do nothing for a while:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly!!! I had no idea that you started a blog. Yay! I loved that cake you made. It looks too good to cut into :)

    ReplyDelete