It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and it was a really great birthday! I wanted to write about it, so that I'd remember, but this is really for my benefit.
Things that made this birthday so cool:
(some of these are painfully materialistic, but why not?)
I got a new swimsuit, and quickly perged all old ones out of my house. Yeah! A swimsuit I can wear without feeling totally self conscious! (I guess I haven't worn it in public yet, so self consciousness will probably follow, but even still, I like the suit.)
I got a new dress. A long dress. Actually three. I love long dresses, mostly because I hate to have my legs exposed. It's kind of hard to find a long dress I like, which is maybe why I haven't had one in a long long time. I had to "go shopping" like three or four times before I found something I like, which for me is a huge time investment. It's really worth it though. I love long dresses! Thanks to Aaron for funding all my shopping.
My kids were really excited that it was my birthday, and they kept telling me "Happy Birthday, Mom!" at random times all day long (in the case of Elise, all week long)
I had a really fun birthday party at the Brickey's, complete with chocolate cake. And I got a fabulous chocolate-y dessert cookbook. Can't wait to try out some of those recipes!
I bought an entire Black Tie Mousse Cake from the Olive Garden. Twelve whole slices. And each and every bite was totally worth it (both the money, and the added weight gain). I think this will be my new annual tradition. It just made me so happy!
I had a fun night out with my friends eating hummus and frozen yogurt. I think I ate almost a pound of frozen yogurt. It was so good. And the hummus, and the leftover hummus which I ate for breakfast the next two days, was so so so good. I really need to find a good hummus recipe.
I dropped Elise off at preschool that morning, and I took the day off work to go thrifting. As I was driving from the preschool to the thrift store, one of my favorite Muse songs came on the radio (Undisclosed Desires), and I got to listen to the whole song before I got to my destination. My general radio track record is that I arrive as soon as I song I like starts. Then after that, U2 With or Without You came on, which I like, but really it just got me thinking about my life from high school (when that song was all the rage) until today, and how really blessed and lucky and happy I am.
It was really a great day, or couple of days, and made me pretty happy to be 32.
MX Race in Mesquite
5 months ago
Sounds like a very nice birthday. I love Undisclosed Desires as well--in fact, I totally jammed out to that song today. If you find a good hummus recipe, let me know. Happy late-Birthday. :o)
ReplyDelete