Wednesday, August 8, 2012

8/8

Today Aaron and I are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary.  I was scanning a couple of pictures to throw up on this here blog, and it was so kind of fun, and Aaron is playing his guitar and ignoring me, so I scanned a whole bunch.  I still think it was pretty brilliant to pick 8/8 to get married.  And it helps that it was the year 2000. 
These pictures are from before we got married.  You can decide for yourself what they mean.
And then we got married.



Pretty sure we couldn't pull this move off any more.
At the "reception" we started out looking more or less like this.
But by the end we looked like this.  We're pretty wet, in case you weren't aware.
There was a lot of water involved.  I'm not sure where my grandmas were during all this.  I hadn't really thought about that until I started reviewing the pictures of my reception this evening.  I hope they had fun, too.




This picture is really great because my mom is standing there spraying Dan with a hose, and he isn't reacting at all.


Weddings are all about the details, so we made sure we had two guys named Daniel do the BBQ, while they both had "Kiss the Cook" aprons. (Pictured here with Rick Snyder.) That was really the only detail that really mattered.  I think my mom picked up the flowers at Albertson's on the way to the temple, so that was already taken care of.
There were a few civilized moments.  But not that many.


Hi Megan.  I think you are one of the few people who read my blog, so this one's for you.  (And the picture of Rick with the two Dan's.  I thought you'd like that one too.)
 So in summary, we had a fun time during the whole process of getting married, and we've been married for a long time.  The end.  Except I wanted to just add that a lot of people told me I would regret my cavalier attitude toward the whole "wedding/reception" thing.  After twelve years I can report that I do not have any regrets.

3 comments:

  1. awesome. Your wedding reception was the best. ever. And I'm glad that you have been married a long time. These pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey--I read your blog, too! And I remember Shauna showing these pictures to me while we were both in the MTC. Yes, I was sad I wasn't there, but I'm glad you are happy with how everything has turned out. I'm also glad that we have remained good friends over the years. Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it too! Merril looks so goofy young! Who lets people that young get married! Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete